Agile Fundamentals eLearning Course
Whether you are just curious about how agile works, or are already actively involved in agile projects, developing an agile mindset can help your teams operate more effectively. This self-directed e-Learning course will explore the fundamentals of agile project development, as well as the practices, tools, and techniques you need to understand to successfully implement agile methods on your projects. A good understanding of agile methods and practices will do more than simply add new tricks to your project toolbox—it can actually help your projects deliver more value!
- Course Features
- Learning Objectives
- Course Outline
- Screen Shots
- Free Sample Lesson
- Technical Requirements
This comprehensive course includes:
- A 7-section interactive tutorial
- 50 interactions and interactive exercises
- 80+ audio and video narrations
- A downloadable Agile Action Plan
- A course blog for sharing ideas with other students
- 7 end-of-lesson reviews
- 14 Hours toward earning a CAPM®, PMP®, PMI-ACP®, CCBA®, CBAP® certification, or 14 Hours toward retaining one!
NOTE: This course utilizes videos in the FLV (Flash Video) format. Flash Player is already installed on 96% of Internet-connected desktops worldwide, as well as millions of mobile devices. Therefore, the video content within this e-Learning course should be viewable instantly, without additional plug-ins. If you have trouble viewing the video within the Agile Fundamentals Online Sample Lesson prior to purchase, please contact our Customer Service Department directly for support.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the unifying themes of agile and the four components of its value proposition
- Understand the values and principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Implement agile principles in product development and project management
- Utilize the basic elements of two major agile methodologies, Scrum and XP, in their day-to-day role
- Develop, prioritize, and maintain a product backlog
- Use agile estimating processes and techniques to plan a project, from beginning to end
- Create and decompose user stories to iteratively build a product solution
- Use low-tech, high touch tools to track progress and radiate project information
- Apply agile's servant leadership approach to managing teams
- Conduct iteration reviews and retrospectives to continuously improve the team's processes and practices
The course is organized into the following sections:
- Lesson 1: What Is Agile?
- The Agile Manifesto
- The Twelve Principles of the Agile Manifesto
- Lesson 2: Agile Methodologies and Unifying Themes
- The Agile Methodologies Overview
- Unifying Themes of Agile Approaches
- Lesson 3: Project Initiation
- Agile Process Overview
- Project Visioning and Initiation
- User stories
- Managing the backlog
- Lesson 4: Release Planning
- Agile planning and estimating
- Release planning
- Agile prioritization methods
- Story points and velocity
- Lesson 5: Inside the Iterations
- Iteration planning
- Build and test the product increment
- Project reporting and tracking
- Lesson 6: Agile Teams
- Agile teams
- Leading and agile team
- Co-located and distributed teams
- Lesson 7: Reviews and Retrospectives/Course Wrap-up
- Continuous improvement
- The retrospective process
- Continuous improvement
E-learning courses are designed to be used on a desktop browser with:
- Adobe Flash® player 8 or later.
- Pop-ups allowed.
- Broadband connection (recommended 512 kbps or higher).
- Intel® Pentium® II 450MHz, AMD Athlon™ 600MHz or faster processor (or equivalent).
- MS Windows XP or later, Mac OS 10+.
- Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA.
- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution.
FOR MOBILE AND TABLET USERS: Our courses may play on some mobile and tablet devices, however, the course(s) interactions, exercises and media may not work as intended on these mobile devices. RMC recommends that you review the sample lesson for the course you intend to purchase prior to registering, to verify compatibility with your environment.
FOR WORK ENVIRONMENTS: Our streaming media uses Protocol RTMP on ports 1935, 443 and 80. If you are having trouble using our courses through a firewall at work, please let your System Administrator know these ports must be enabled for streaming media.