PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Course (3 Days)
Become an Agile Certified Practitioner, Guaranteed—3 Days, 21 Hours
This accelerated learning course is designed to help you prepare for the new PMI-ACP® Agile Certified Practitioner exam—and gain the most understanding with the least amount of study. Developed by a five-person team including four members of the PMI-ACP® Steering Committee, this course is designed to decrease your after-class study time from hundreds of hours to less than 40.
Unique features of this course include games, exercises, case studies and other tools to help you understand—NOT MEMORIZE—the concepts necessary to pass the PMI-ACP® exam. This course includes the complete PMI-ACP® Exam Prep System a $299 value for free as part of course materials. This Exam Prep System contains one of each of three products—a PMI-ACP® Exam Prep textbook, a copy of PM FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software and one copy of Hot Topics Flashcards.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the knowledge and experience requirements for passing the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Identify where they have the most difficulty passing the exam
- Fill their own personal gaps in project management knowledge and experience
- Develop and execute a Personalized Study Plan for preparing for the PMI-ACP® certification exam
- Reduce their study time in preparing for the exam to less than 40 hours
- Why is Taking this Exam Important?
- Overview of the Exam
- How to study and create a study plan
- Tricks for learning formulas
- Tricks to help you understand how the PMI-ACP® questions are written
- Tricks for shortening your study time
- Tricks for taking the exam
- Tricks for finding holes in your agile project management knowledge
- Reasons people fail the exam and how to make sure you do not do the same
- Exercises to help you understand and conceptualize what you need to know, including those dreaded formulas
- Understanding PMI® -isms
- Detailed coverage of:
- Overview of Agile Methods and the manifesto
- It's All About People: agile engagement models
- Project Initiation: agile chartering, planning, the backlog and stories
- Release Planning: story mapping, estimation, prioritization, release plans
- Iteration Planning: inside an iteration, daily standup
- Agile Execution: project reporting, changes and defects
- Iteration Review: retrospectives, coaching and mentoring
- Building High Performance Teams: servant leadership
- A Catalog of Agile Methods: Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, others
- PMI-ACP Special Topics: agile accounting, agile contracts
- Action Plan and Conclusion
As mentioned above, complimentary course materials include PMI-ACP® Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths, PMI-ACP® Exam Flashcards, PM FASTrack® Exam Simulation Software for the PMI-ACP® Exam, and additional materials not available to the public. Note that the book itself includes hundreds of pages of detailed review material, including coverage of material not in the PMI-ACP Exam Content Outline—as well as sample exams, exercises and activities.
What to Do Before This Course:
- Document Your Project Experience. The PMI-ACP® exam requires 2000 hours of project experience, and an additional 1500 hours of agile project experience obtained within the last 3 years. As part of preparing for the examination, it is useful to create a timeline and list of projects that will comprise this experience report in preparation for submitting your application to PMI.
- Submit Your Application to PMI to Take the Exam. By the time you complete course, you will be eager to take the exam as soon as possible. Although not required, we strongly suggest that you complete (or at least begin) your online application to take the exam before you take this course. The best way to prepare and submit your application is to do so online by going to the PMI® website. Then, when you have completed studying after the course, you will be ready to pass the exam. Remember that you can begin your application now and finish it later!
What to Bring to This Course:
- A Highlighter
- A Pencil
ARTICLE: 7 Reasons to Add Agile to Your Management Toolbox by Eric P. Rudolf
In addition to improving product development results, did you know Agile principles and practices can also improve your effectiveness as a day-to-day manger, and the performance of your departments as a whole?
BOOK: Becoming Agile in an Imperfect World by Greg Smith and Ahmed Sidky
It's never easy to bring Agile into an existing organization with established people and practices. Learn practical techniques and strategies to move from your existing process to an Agile process—without starting from scratch!
FREE RECORDED WEBINAR: An Overview of Agile by Sonja Almlie
Gain knowledge about the agile approach, and how incorporating agile techniques and tools into projects can improve product delivery, team productivity, and stakeholder satisfaction.
BOOK: PM the Agile Way: Making it Work in the Enterprise by John C. Goodpasture
Written for experienced PMs, architects and systems analysts comfortable in traditional methods of PM, but required to learn agile for software projects. Also offers an understanding of making agile work in the enterprise.
For Corporate Pricing or to Schedule a Training Needs Assessment, Please Contact:
Ken Mulcahy • Onsite Training Specialist • (952) 846-4484 x410 • email@example.com
* Discounts Available for Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
Register for this Course
|Type:||Certification Exam Prep|
|Duration:||3 Days – 8:00 am to 4:00 pm|